In the area of Hydraulic Engineering we provide numerical simulation solutions in many fields.
We can make studies about different hydraulic infrastructures from the point of view of design, maintenance and troubleshooting. FLOW-3D is a CFD software that allows to carry out the following hydraulic studies.
- Hydraulic structures: spillways, dams, etc.
- Opening-flow curves, recertification of dams.
- Disaster prevention: Dam break, flooding.
- Flow aeration studies.
- Ramps – scales for fish.
- Analysis of hydromechanical elements: sluices, valves, turbines.
- Erosion and sedimentation.
- Study of cavitation in hydraulic elements.
Several areas where we can work on are:
- Environmental studies: Waste, contaminant dispersion, aquaculture, etc.
- Mud reservoirs.
- Optimization studies of pumping, manifolds, suction chambers, etc.
- Municipal Sanitary Systems: Storm tanks, pressure pipes.
In many cases, 1D or 2D models do not provide enough information or lose essential information for the design of hydraulic systems or structures. In these cases, it is necessary to go to 3D simulation models where the Navier-Stokes equations of fluid dynamics are solved directly. If we have numerical models in which we include physical phenomenon such as drag and sedimentation, cavitation, swell, etc. the study begins to be more complete and closer to reality.
We use FLOW-3D ®, our CFD simulation software, for hydraulic engineering . This software allows us to make studies with absolute solvency in the results since it has been tested in many universities, research centers and hydraulic engineering from all over the world with excellent results.
Traditionally, 3D models had the problem of calculating speed. However, computer equipment has now taken an interesting qualitative jump that makes this type of calculations more accessible to all types of users. FLOW-3D ®, due to its peculiar system of solving the free surface, it speeds up the calculations and the customer can achieve delivery period really adjusted even for large domains of calculation.